Sharing God’s love in real and practical ways is a big part of growing our own faith and inspiring others. We are continually discovering new ways to live out the simple yet profoundly powerful command to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, our soul, and our mind, and to love our neighbors with that same passion. (Matthew 22:37-39)
Gently Used Clothing Ministry
Thanks to money we received from a grant, we are constructing a large shed to store donations of clothing and a few other items. We give the clothing and other items away to those in need right here in our community. A collection bin is on-site on our church patio and you are encouraged to bring your gently used clothes anytime.
Monthly Mission Projects
About 10 months out of the year, we do small and large mission projects as a church.
Here are some examples of the projects we have done in the past.
- Military Care Packages for Christmas
- Dessert Plates for local post office staff at Tax Time
- Dessert Plates for local sheriff and fire stations near the anniversary of 9/11
- Kleenex Drive for local schools
- Meals for a few families in need at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Manna Bags (Homeless Care bags you can hand out instead of cash)
- Hat and Glove collection to supplement our Clothing Ministry
- Disaster Clean-up Buckets (Distributed by the United Methodist Committee on Relief [UMCOR] around the country and world after natural disasters)
- Sewing Kits (Distributed by the United Methodist Committee on Relief [UMCOR]to women in 3rd world countries in order to teach them a trade and help them get out of poverty)